United Nations/Austria Symposium "SPACE APPLICATIONS FOR FOOD SYSTEMS
United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and Joanneum Research with the support of
- Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs
- Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- European Space Agency
- City of Graz
- Graz University of Technology
The Symposium will discuss the following topics
- Space based solutions for food systems on Earth (link to UN Food Systems Summit Action Track 3)
- Resilience (link to UN Food Systems Summit Action Track 5)
- Established and emerging technologies
- Policy, regulatory and certification aspects
The detailed program will be published end of June.
The event aims to bring together academics, scientists, entrepreneurs and many others to discuss and demonstrate how space data and applications support food systems.
The organizers strive to support gender mainstreaming in its programmes and is committed to achieving a balanced representation from diverse perspectives.
Deadline to register for the online event: 24 August 2021
UN Office for Outer Space Affairs