Call for Papers for GI_Salzburg23 currently open
Interdisciplinary discussions, forward-looking ideas and a personal atmosphere accompany and shape the exchange of science and research, business, and application.
In recent years, we have repeatedly addressed the shift from spatial data infrastructures (GDI) to Geoinformatic ecosystems as a new paradigm. These 'ecosystems' convey the fundamental concepts of a dynamic, highly networked Digital Earth that reacts flexibly to the framework conditions of a changing environment.
Open, stable and adaptive systems are the future of an integrated geoinformatics world. The handling of large amounts of data (Big Data), their thematic analysis, geosimulation and visualization, and communication are the basis for dealing with the challenges of our time. An increasingly important resource in this context are the various services from remote sensing, especially at the European level (Copernicus).
GI_Salzburg focus themes 2023
For 2023, we offer a selection of focus topics that we will address in more depth in forums:
English language submissions on the following topics:
Digital Earth and Climate Change
- Nature, ecosystem, ecology & modelling
- Natural risk, climate impact & mitigation
- GIS in disaster management: monitoring and preparedness
- Geographic aspects of energy supply and resilience
- Communication with Geoinformatics
Geomedia and education for sustainable development
Geoinformatics in Urban Science
- Smart cities
- Public Health
- Digital twins & AI
Advances in Geoinformatics
- Earth Observation; Place-based vs. remotely sensed data
- Geospatial Data infrastructures and databases
- Spatial decision-making models (e.g., land-use)
German-language submissions on the following topics:
Klimawandel und Klimafolgen im Alpenraum
- Naturraum und Naturgefahren
- Monitoring des Biodiversitätsverlustes
- LTER und EO / Copernicus / Sentinel
- Geoinformationsportale für den Klimawandel
Planen und gestalten in Städten und Regionen
- GI in Verwaltung und Kommunen
- Die 15 Minuten Stadt als neues Paradigma
- Mobilität und die Umgestaltung des öffentlichen Raumes
- Energieplanung und Resilienz
- Automatisierte Geodatenerfassung und Sensorik
- Big Data / linked data
- Kommunikation mit GI: Visualisierung und Simulation
Discussion fora and round tables enable in-depth talks and networking. In this way, we continue to promote an exchange at eye level. The focus remains: networking experts from different fields of Geoinformatics in a stimulating atmosphere.
Of course, you are welcome to organize your own forum - we will be happy to support you in planning it. Information on this, as well as all other formats, can be found online at www.gi-salzburg.org.
In addition, we welcome submissions from all other areas of Geoinformatics. We will place these as "Lightning Talks" in the program.
Youth Forum as a separate track
The promotion of young professionals is and remains a special priority for us. That is why we offer program tracks especially for our young visitors throughout the conference week. Through formats such as "Meet & Match, where internship and job seekers meet companies, or discussion forums with keynote speakers and experts, we want to facilitate and enable networking.
Workshops dedicated to the most important aspects to consider for a successful journal publication will provide basic knowledge for future publications.
Also, the "Best Student Paper" Award will be presented in 2023 for the best student full paper - and comes with a prize money of EUR 500! Details can be found online.
Experts' Exhibition - Exhibition of Innovations
Professional exchange and discussions in an inspiring atmosphere characterize the GI_Salzburg23. The focus is on the networking of science and business, the bringing together of disciplines and the joint active look into the future.
The close interaction between symposium and exhibition is reflected not only in the familiar spatial proximity at GI_Salzburg23, but above all in the interactive contribution and discussion formats in the program.
Discussion rounds, expert talks, focus and lightning talks invite active interaction and, within the framework of the individual main topics, bring representatives from business, science and application into focused conversation with each other. With the integration of the exhibition in the break foyers, you enjoy central visibility as an exhibiting company.
In addition to the new interaction formats, your presentations and contributions of your companies in the program also offer concrete points of contact for further discussions at the exhibition stand.
And, once again this year, GI_Salzburg23 will focus on networking between companies and young professionals. In formats such as Meet&Match, employers and future employees get to know each other.
- February 1, 2023: Deadline for Full Papers & Short Paper contributions (anonymized full text)
- February 26, 2023: Deadline to submit for a, workshops & product presentations & Industry Innovation Keynote (abstract)
- February 2023: 1st round of reviews
- March 14, 2023: Author notifications are sent out
- May 1, 2023: Deadline to submit poster & storymap contributions
- May 25, 2023: Deadline for registration of at least one (co-)author as participant for the GI_Salzburg (=prerequisite for presentation)
- June 1, 2023: Deadline to submit Final Version for contributions accepted for publication in issue
- July 2023: Publication Issue 1 (pre-conference)
- December 2023: Publication Issue 2
More details as well as the link to submit your submission.
The GI_Salzburg team will be happy to answer any further questions - please send an email to email@example.com
Please note: The decision if your submission will be accepted will be made in early March 2023. We will notify you of your presentation time and slot at a later date.