Discover Vienna: Future Mobility
- vienna business agency
- thinkport VIENNA (powered by BOKU Vienna and Hafen Wien)
Vienna is a dynamic and innovative city that is constantly working to improve its transportation infrastructure and promote sustainable mobility solutions. With the support of dedicated labs, the city is also interested in creating opportunities for innovative companies to pilot in the city with real-world data. As such, it is the perfect location for startups looking to make an impact in the mobility sector.
This program targets startups delivering innovative human-centered products and solutions following a resource-conserving approach that improve the quality of life in a city. The selected startups can join exclusive round tables with relevant stakeholders from the Viennese innovation landscape and startup ecosystem, visit and experience best practice examples of the city.
Embedded in the cities flagship event ViennaUP'23 participants will also have the chance to meet and mingle with people from other international ecosystems and participate in dedicated matchmaking events.
Urban startups applied for:
- Exposure to new markets: Vienna is a thriving hub for innovation and has a strong presence in a variety of sectors. Participating in the Discover Vienna program can provide startups with the opportunity to explore new markets and connect with potential customers and partners.
- High-quality networking opportunities with the support of Vienna Business Agency, thinkport VIENNA and aspern.mobil LAB. The Discover Vienna program brings together a diverse group of founders, innovators, and experts from the wide spectrum of mobility, providing a great opportunity for startups to network and build valuable connections.
- Meet & connect with the ViennaUP'23 community. ViennaUP is a decentralized festival for startups and innovators taking place in Vienna from May 30 to June 7, 2023.
- Experience Vienna first-hand with your peers joining the program from all around the world.
Urban startups in following areas:
- Smart and Sustainable Mobility (e.g. communication strategies for behaviour change, data analyses, ...)
- Autonomous vehicles (e.g. maintenance solutions, parcel distribution, home delivery, ...)
- Logistics (consolidation via (virtual/ digital) platforms, crowd logistics, alternative use of public space, intelligent loading zones, ...)
- Urban Planning (e.g. new tools for crowdsourcing, data visualisation, participation, ...)
- Mobility as a Service (e.g. integrated incentivation mechanisms, new approaches for stakeholder
- governance in MaaS systems, ...)
- Transportation (e.g. new ways of freight transport (vehicles, technologies, etc.), combined people and
- freight transport, alternative use of existing infrastructure and vehicles, ...)