United Nations / Austria World Space Forum "Sustainability in Space for sustainability on Earth"
The conference takes stock of progress in the use of space solutions for the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The aim is to contribute to the preparation of the 2nd SDG Summit - the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development, which will take place in September 2023.
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs
- Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK)
- Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs (BMEIA)
The World Space Forum 2022 aims to:
- Highlight how space solutions can facilitate the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Present new space technologies that enable progress and drive cooperation and partnership in space
- Bring space actors together to exchange best practices and explore ways to jointly address challenges to humanity and sustainable development issues
- Raise awareness in preparation of the planned Sustainable Development Goals Summit in 2023
Find more information on the event website: World Space Forum 2022 (unoosa.org)
- Session I: Leave no one behind
- Session II: Protect our planet
- Session III: Be prepared
- Session IV: Space in the United Nations
- Session V: Boost partnerships
- Session VI: Use Space Sustainably
Experts and policymakers from regional, national and local institutions, private organizations, academic institutions, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
At the current stage, the list of speakers is by invitation-only.
Register as a participant by 11.12.2022.
UNOOSA - World Space Forum Organizing Team