35-Years of Austria at the European Space Agency: "People, Climate, Economy - Space is for EVERYONE"
Federal Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology (BMK) together with the European Space Agency (ESA) and The Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG).
We are very pleased that the Director General of ESA, Josef Aschbacher, the Director General for Defence, Industry and Space of the European Commission, Timo Pesonen, as well as the Austrian Federal Minister for Space, Leonore Gewessler, and the representatives of the Austrian space sector and users of space data have accepted the invitation to this event and will present new perspectives for the further contribution of space to the challenges facing Europe.
Moderation and review: Klaus Pseiner, Managing Director Austrian Research Promotion Agency.
- 35 years of ESA membership and the Austrian Space Strategy 2030+
Leonore Gewessler, Federal Minister for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
- ESA Agenda 2025 and Austria's role in space
Josef Aschbacher, Director General, European Space Agency
Honoring personalities for their achievements in the field of space
Panel 1: New Space for a competitive Austria and Europe
Moderation: Margit Mischkulnig, Head of Department Space, Federal Minister for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology.
- Christian Federspiel, owner and managing director, Findus Ventures
- Dieter Grebner, Managing Director, Peak Technology GmbH
- Christiane Helling, Director, Institute for Space Research, ÖAW
- Alexander Reissner, Managing Director, Enpulsion GmbH
- Manfred Sust, Managing Director, Beyond Gravity Austria
Panel 2: User Uptake - What demand drivers expect from space.
Moderation: Henriette Spyra, Section Head, Federal Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology BMK.
- Hans-Peter Hasenbichler, Managing Director, viadonau
- Klaus Hebenstreit, Managing Director, VERBUND Energy 4 Flex GmbH
- Sabine Pongruber, Managing Director, WEME Global Austria
- Kurt Weinberger, Chairman of the Board, Österreichische Hagelversicherung
Panel 3: Outlook
Moderation: Andreas Geisler, Head, Aerospace Agency, Austrian Research Promotion Agency.
- Josef Aschbacher
- Klaus Pseiner
- Henriette Spyra
Closing with finger food and drinks
The event will be held in German but there will be an English interpretation service.
The Austrian space community and everyone interested in space.
- The event will start at 4 p.m.
- Participation is free of charge.
- The event will be held in German but there will be a English interpretation service.
- Arrival: Please note that the U1 in the direction of Leopoldau does not stop at Kaisermühlen station at the moment. You can ether get off at Donauinsel, in which case it is about a 10 minute walk. Alternatively, you can get off at Alte Donau and then go back one stop.
Federal Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment,
Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology
Section III - Innovation, Division I6 - Space Affairs
Tel.: +43 (1) 711 62-65 2909