go.hiking - Web-based Service Platform for Monitoring and Maintenance of Alpine Hiking Infrastructure, Search&Rescue Spatial Knowledge Base and Info-Desk for Hikers
In general, hiking trails, paths and mountaineering infrastructure are maintained by non-profit organisations (alpine clubs, etc).
They check the trails, the bridges, gutters, guard-rails, sign- posts, safety ropes, and marks. To obtain geo-referenced data on the objects including their properties, the path-guards will enhance their workflow using mobile SatNav/GIS-devices and digi-cams. Additionally, in order to get up to date information of the state of paths, the feedback of mountaineers from their tour experiences is of course welcome. An attractive hiking portal should encourage people to post their notices after a tour.
go.hiking is a prototype of a web-based platform serving the following three different user groups. The platform is meant to create synergy effects between all three user groups:
- Path guides can react quickly on notices of damage, prioritise their maintenance measures and thus reduce risk for moutaineers; their mostly unpayed work will profit by enhanced efficiency.
- Mountaineers will benefit from geo-referenced content and maps, they will take advantage by the exchange of geo-coded information.
- Mountain search&rescue organisations as a separate user group can maintain and share their special experience and know-how by geo-coding their local knowledge.
Umweltdata GmbH - Günther Bronner
- ms.gis GmbH - Andreas Bodi
- Hitec Marketing - Johanna Berndorfer