JOE - New Possibilities for Intelligent Infotainment
Precisely JOE deals with animating single persons or groups (people travelling in groups, city tourists, incentive tourists, family vacationers). JOE provides the up to now unique chance for an intelligent, active approach to infotainment including elements of local culture, nature and sights. In addition it enables each participant to experience satellite navigation in an intuitive and hands-on way.
JOE covers the conception, development and testing of an open IT-system architecture for satellite navigation based outdoor games - regardless of the type of target group, the game area, transport mode, season or the contents to convey. The players get equipped with mobile terminals that comprise of a GPS- receiver and a GPRS-modem.
The game director, keeping permanent contact to the groups via the central server, can flexibly take influence on the game process. The players ́ objectives are chosen from a large pool by the director, who can change the process during the game whenever it makes sense to do so.
Possible game elements are:
- simple orientation,
- exploring the game area with the aim of answering questions concerning local points of interest,
- games with interaction between the participating players or groups of players and
- many more.
The core result of the project JOE is the realisation of the system architecture and the demonstration and evaluation of three prototype games using it.
Further Information: www.joe-infotainment.com
ARC Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal GmbH - Michael Aleksa
- PRISMA solutions EDV-Dienstleistungen Ges.m.b.H. - Torsten Schönberg
- Niederösterreichische Pfadfinder Gruppe Maria Enzersdorf, Liechtenstein - Christoph Rauer
- MA 49 Forstamt und Landwirtschaftsbetrieb der Stadt Wien - Susanne Leputsch
- Eventive vienna Eventive Altenhuber Riha GmbH - Christina Julia Zelisko
ARC Österreichisches Forschungs- und Prüfzentrum Arsenal GmbH