TU Wien - Research Area Advanced Geodesy
The research area Advanced Geodesy is divided in 3 sub-sections, namely Satellite Geodesy (GNSS, Navigation), Very Long Baseline Interferometry (VLBI), and New Technologies. Atmosphere monitoring by GNSS and VLBI is a major scientific field. The research area is active in global and regional GNSS services (IGS, EPN) as well as a partner of industry, e.g. in joint research and development of RTK GNSS networks, and in GNSS PPP Point Positioning.
Technologies and competences
The Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation (research area Advanced Geodesy) is experienced in software development in the fields of satellite geodesy, VLBI and ground based atmosphere monitoring. In detail, data processing and simulation software for satellite orbit determination, troposphere and ionosphere modelling (including ray-tracing) as well as monitoring of crustal deformation is available.
Products and services in space
- Earth rotation
- GNSS reference station networks and PPP, reference systems and frames
- Satellite orbit determination
- Space and ground based atmospheric monitoring
Space related test benches, laboratories, etc.
- Multi-frequency tracking GNSS receivers
- Permanent GNSS site
- Various software for scientific GNSS data processing and simulation
- Software for GNSS signal quality control
- Software for satellite orbit Determination at the cm level
- Vienna VLBI and Satellite software
- Ray tracing software