The EODC (Earth Observation Data Centre) for Water Resources Monitoring GmbH is a public-private partnership (PPP). The mission of the EODC is to work together with its shareholders and multi-national partners from science, the public and private sectors in order to foster the use of earth observation (EO) data.
Technologies and competences
The EODC provides a cloud computing environment for the Earth Observation (EO) ground segment for deriving geophysical parameters and land cover properties from Sentinel-1(synthetic aperture radar), Sentinel-2 (high-resolution optical imaging) and other EO missions.
Products and services in space
- Big EO data
- Cloud computing environment
Space related test benches, laboratories, etc.
The basic infrastructure components include
- a platform for 24/7 processing,
- a virtual environment for collaborative algorithm development,
- Petabyte-scale storage, and
- access to the Vienna Scientific Cluster 3 (VSC-3) (a facility for big data processing).