Beyond Gravity Austria (formerly RUAG Space)
Beyond Gravity Austria is the leading space company in Austria and the Austrian branch of Beyond Gravity, the largest independent space equipment supplier in Europe, which was formed by merging the space activities of RUAG Aerospace in Switzerland with Saab Space in Sweden, Austrian Aerospace in Austria, Oerlikon Space in Switzerland, Patria Space in Finland, and HTS in Germany. In 2017 the activities have been further expanded with facilities in the USA.
Technologies and competences
Beyond Gravity in Austria is leading the European market for navigation receivers, which precisely determine the position of a satellite in orbit. The company is also leading the European market for thermal insulation for satellites, which protects the satellite against cold and heat in space. Other areas of competence are mechanisms for satellites, embedded spaceflight software and containers for the safe transport of satellites on Earth.
Products and services in space
- Ground support equipment, particularly satellite containers and trolleys
- On-board electronics, particularly navigation receivers, drive- and interface electronics
- On-board mechanics, particularly pointing and deployment mechanisms
- Thermal hardware, particularly multilayer insulation
Space related test benches, laboratories, etc.
- Clean rooms class 10,000 and 100,000
- Automatic pick and place machine
- Automatic solder paste dispensing
- Automatic vapour phase soldering
- Thermal vacuum chambers
- Vibration and shock test system
- Conducted EMC test chamber
- Automated multilayer insulation lay-up and cutting machine
- Electrical, mechanical and thermal analysis and simulation tools
- PCB layout system
- Tools for on-board software development
- ASIC and FPGA design too