United Nations/Austria World Space Forum "Access to Space4all"
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA)
- The Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology
- European Space Agency ESA
- Austrian Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs
- the Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG
Launching in November 2019 in Vienna, the World Space Forum is a new event series hosted by the United Nations together with Austria on space as a driver for socio-economic sustainable development.
The World Space Forum 2019 will focus on 'Access to Space4All', with the goal of leveraging space technologies to their full potential in order to achieve sustainable economic and social development globally.
Topics to be discussed range from space economy for all, including financing models as well as new space economy and Public-private partnerships, to the benefits of space for all.
Further key topics are access to space and secure space environment for all, including space traffic management, transparency and confidence building measures as well as space debris.
The World Space Forum is expected to bring together around 150 participants from national, regional, and international public and private organizations and institutions, including:
- decision-makers from government agencies (space agencies, ministries, etc.)
- high-ranking officials from regional and international agencies involved
- representatives and experts from the United Nations agencies.
Additionally, experts from the space community; entrepreneurial and business academic community and policy makers; experts from international Centres of Excellence; researchers involved in the use of space activities; representatives of the private sector in the space and non-space fields; and civil society leaders are also encouraged to express interest.
Please note that the participation is limited and upon the receipt of an official confirmation letter only. You will only receive an official invitation letter upon successful application with further information.
Registration deadline for funded participants: 27.09.2019
World Space Forum Organizing Team